- This briefing document provides detail on what a basic income pilot should include and what factors must be considered. It is a collaboration between Autonomy and the Basic Income Conversation.
- Looking ahead, it suggests the next key steps for Wales The most significant is overcoming obstacles posed by the current devolution settlement. A valid and ethically sound pilot will, at the very least, require cooperation from the UK Government through HMRC and the DWP so that necessary tax and benefit alterations can be made.
- Effective basic income pilot design must begin
with a clear understanding of why a pilot is
- An option for a basic income pilot design in Wales is presented, with various considerations and lessons from past pilots taken into account.
- Costings for a pilot are also provided.